For Retailers, analytics tools – I think about reporting and BI applications, “Big Data”, etc. – are vital, priceless, competitive technologies that allow answering the following fundamental questions:
- What types of Shoppers are visiting my stores?
- What did catch their attention on the shop-floor?
- What did they purchase in-store?
- How many of them are repeat visitors?
- Whom did they engage with? About what?
- …and so on…
This year Black Friday falls on November 24.
To help retailers prepare to gear up for the big day, Periscope By McKinsey conducted its second annual research into consumer expectations surrounding Black Friday, including whether consumers intend to shop and, if so, their motivations for doing so as well as their desired shopping channel. What follows are some of the top-level findings from the research. By Channie Mize, General Manager for Retail, Periscope® By McKinsey
In the future (…near or far? …time will tell…) we will have two radically different types of shopping:
- shopping for everyday items
- shopping for specific, glamorous, out-of-the-ordinary items
Let me get into the details…
Everyday-item-shopping Continue reading